Another Top 10 List
As we head into the election season for, among other things, Supreme Court Justice, a refresher about the job might be helpful.
Top 10 Reasons to be a Supreme Court Justice:
10.You can honestly say you’re one of the Supremes.
9. Wherever you go you can chant, “Here Comes da Judge!”
8. Black never goes out of style.
7. You’re always ready for funerals.
6. “One size fits all” robes never pinch your waist.
5. Gavels make great nutcrackers.
4. You can finally get even with all those people who wouldn’t let you cheat off
their exams in law school.
3. If you don’t snore, you can sleep with your eyes open and no one will know.
2. People think you’re smart when you shout out cool Latin phrases like “Carpe
1. Nobody knows when you’re naked under your robe.
Top 10 Reasons NOT to be a Supreme Court Justice in Wisconsin
10. Not allowed to make lawyers walk on hot coals for personal enjoyment.
9. The other justices make weird faces when you chant, “Here Comes da
7. David Prosser doesn’t think it’s funny when you flush all his copies of “Mein Kampf” down the toilet.
6. They won’t let you keep a llama in your office.
4. Because, when campaigning for re-election to what on paper is a non-partisan office, even though you are “neutral and independent“, people accuse you of being a party hack just because you attend Republican events, choose the former executive director of the Wisconsin Republican Party as your campaign advisor, choose as his assistant the former deputy director of the Wisconsin Republican party and most recently Wisconsin political director for the Republican National Committee, have as your bookkeeper the same person who is also Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s campaign treasurer and your campaign donor list is a who’s who of Republican leaders, including Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s campaign chair, who, only by coincidence, was general counsel for the Republican National Committee from 1996 until 2000, was the Republican National Committeeman for Wisconsin during 1984–2002, and was a delegate to Republican National Conventions from 1984 to 2000.
3. Scott Walker won’t shut up about his trip to Cali.
2. Even though you deserve it, nobody ever plays the Darth Vader theme music when you enter the room
1. Prosser is naked under his robe.